is this gravity fed or pumped?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, so I'm confused about what type of heating system I have currently installed. It consists of

feed/expansion tank in the loft
hot water tank, CH pump, and 3port valve in airing cupboard in 2nd bedroom
thermostat in lounge
boiler in kitchen.

Is this a fully pumped system, partially pumped, or gravity fed?

I have tried looking online but got confused.

Also, is the Horstmann Centaurplus C27 programmer any good? I'm replacing an old broken EP2000 (the old brown colour).

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/11225...rammer?cm_re=SEARCHPROMO-_-PROGRAMMER-_-11225

Many thanks,

bob

Sponsored Links
sounds fully pumped to me with the 3 port valve,

just turn on your hot water and see if the pump starts, this will mean fully pumped.

Thanks for the feedback guys, that's what I thought.

so what are your thoughts on the Horstmann programmer? I know it's cheapy, but I don't want to spend more than I have to and it appears to give me what I need:

separate HW and CH controls
7 day programming
3 on/off timers per day
Boost function

I'm aware that the CR27 doesn't have the internal terminals that the EP2000 has, so if I buy one, I'll get a junciton box for the additional connections.

Sponsored Links
Any programmer will do, if you know how to wire it up.

I suggest you mark all the wires and take a pic for reference.

I'm sure I can figure the wiring out - I'm an electronic/electrical designer and get to 'play' with wiring a low while prototyping.

Thanks again.

Bob.

I'm sure I can figure the wiring out - I'm an electronic/electrical designer and get to 'play' with wiring a low while prototyping.

Thanks again.

Bob.

You would be amazed the times we've heard that. :rolleyes:

It's not just a question of wiring it up, you need to know how it's designed to work, and how to achieve that.

Thanks again.

Bob.

You would be amazed the times we've heard that. :rolleyes:

It's not just a question of wiring it up, you need to know how it's designed to work, and how to achieve that.

I'm sure you have! :LOL:

But as a designer, I'm sure wiring up pre-designed electronic devices isn't as hard as designing them in the first place. I've designed electronics systems for the defense and nuclear industries, and prior to that I was involved in commissioning systems in the sames industries, so I have professional installation experience too and I think I'll be ok.

Thanks for the help, I really do appreciate it.
It's always best to ask the experts before going alone, and you guys are the experts in this area. As you'll no doubt have figured out from my questions, I have never even thought about central heating systems before because I've never needed to, but I recently bought my first house (I'm not as young as you might assume from that statement!) which needs work to be done.

Again, thanks.

I'm sure you'll be fine, but you know where we hide out :LOL:

Your statement reminds me of the brain surgeon trying to change a light bulb :LOL:

Brilliant in his field but; :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back