fully pumped or gravity fed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking at the pics would someone be able to tell me which type of CH i have, just moved to a new house and I have a Hortsmann centaurplus c27 programmer which looks to be set to gravity fed, meaning i cant have CH and HW on individually, I have the jumper switch to set it to fully pumped but don't want to do this until i know for sure what type of system i have. If it is fully pumped what changes if any would i need to make to the wiring configuration to allow me to operate CH and HW individually.

Thanks for your time and expertise.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Dan, The horstmann programmer install book shows the following 3 wiring diagrams for fully pumped systems. Any ideas as to which one i need and what wires would need to move where from how its wired at the minute.

Many Thanks.

Try refittin the prog and then turn on the CH only, (set to fully pumped on back of prog) see if it works

Sponsored Links
You need number 6 on the pic you posted, the wiring looks ok apart from the extra wire you have on 3, you might have to trace how its wired up.

Looks to be fully pumped but wired so you can't have CH separately. I'm assuming that's why you have more than one wire in the HW on terminal.

A picture of pump and motorised valve would be good.

Either of two red wire into HOT ON number 3 should be in number 1 if there is a mid position valve fitted. A check /photos on wiring centre would be good.

Daniel.

Thanks for all the help so far.

twgas, i set the programmer to fully pumped and put CH on but boiler did nothing.

stardanny, not sure what you mean by wiring centre (sorry), if you can point me in the right direction i will get some pics which might help, have taken a few more of the boiler itself which may help, or not!

Where the other motorised valve? You look like zone valve so there should be two, one for hot water and one for heating.

Take a overview picture of boiler with pump and pipe work and another picture of hot water cylinder with pipe work as well.
Daniel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back