Hot water help - Economy 7 immersion heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We use Economy 7. All water is downstairs. Hot water cylinder is in downstairs bathroom with main cold tank directly above it. Hot water cylinder has single top entry immersion heater.
A couple of weeks ago the hot water pressure from hot taps seemed to drop, as did the temperature of the water coming out of them. Tried changing thermostat, which didn't make a difference, but I did notice when taking the thermostat out of the tank it appears completely dry - i.e not immersed in water - would this mean that somehow my cylinder is not filling, and if so, what could be the possible reasons for this. Am currently unable to get any hot water either through overnight Economy 7, or boosting during the day - can hear the timer kick in though. Also getting no water at all out the bath tap, although cold water flows from the hot tap of the sink next to the bath.

Any help very much appreciated

Many thanks
Doug

Sponsored Links
The thermostat is supposed to be dry.

You have a blockage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back