Hot water in outbuilding (currently has mains water feed)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've got a single skin walled brick outbuilding (brick shed - attached directly to house) type thing on the side of our house. There is a mains water supply which goes out there to the boiler and the toilet cistern.

I plan to put a sink out there for general utility type things and I am more than happy with the idea of just a cold tap - it's one step above what's currently out there.

However, I don't want that to stop me at least considering my options when it comes to hot water. I just don't think it's practical since the hot water already goes a reasonable way from the hot water cylinder to the kitchen and we've got to run the tap for a reasonable amount before it's warm and the thought of then running that to the uninsulated outhouse doesn't seem like it'd do any favours, or be practical.

I do admit, hot/warm water would be a nicety, I'm just wondering if there are any other alternatives for the odd occasion when hot water would be helpful - asides from a kettle ;)

Just wondering what 'instant' hot water options there are out there - for a purely utilitarian use rather than for brewing the odd cup of tea and the solution doesn't even need to be pretty and up to 50-60 degree water would be fine!

Sponsored Links
Just get an electric over sink water heater like the triton t30. They're only cheap to buy and easy to install and although electric is more expensive I shouldn't think it would matter if you're only going to be using it every now and then.

Ah, yes, that's the sort of thing I was thinking of since it'd only be occasional use - when searching online for this sort of system all I kept finding was things like the quooker! I knew the triton t30 sort of thing existed and is what I was looking for.

Cheers for the help.

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back