Hot Water Issue, Main Combi Boiler (PICS)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon DIYNot forum,

I am having an issue with my boiler. We get hot water from the bathroom sink and bath taps, (which we have to turn the taps halfway in order to get boiling hot water everytime) but not from the kitchen sink tap, atleast without running gallons of water first. I have taken pictures of the taps (valves?) under the Combi boiler, as I think one of these might be to blame?

For the purposes of saving space on the forum with huge pictures, I have uploaded them on my own forum and linked them below. The first picture shows which way the front-right hand-side taps are facing with arrows. I think it might be one of these to blame for the lack of hot water to the kitchen sink? If not, then I will have no choice but to call the installer out to give the boiler a check-up, just wanted to run it by the community first :)

Right Hand Side Of Boiler, Front Taps

Right Hand Side Of Boiler, Back Taps

Left Hand Side Of Boiler, Back Tap

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me with this frustrating problem! (y)

John.

Sponsored Links
And why do you think the taps are the problem ? . its a boiler fault call installer

I'd be getting your installer back to re-do those solder fittings in the first place.

The hot water feeding your taps will be the same regardless of the pipes on your boiler, unless you have a hot water tank as well as the combi? I'd say you need your boiler looked at.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back