Very odd hot water issue - please help!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

A very odd thing has suddenly happened with my combi boiler. The bath top water tap only gives me out luke warm water. Yet the showers, sink tap, kitchen sink tap all give out piping hot water.

When the Bath tap is on the boiler is demanding water and fires up as normal. But the water coming directly out the boiler is only luke warm (can tell by touching the pipe from the boiler and the tap).

I cant understand why only two hot water taps are only giving me luke warm water and all the other taps are hot.

Has anyone got any ideas what could be wrong?

Sponsored Links
Try setting the bath tap flow to six litres per minute!

I have not got a clue how to adjust the bath tap flow!

Surely there must be enough flow otherwise the boiler would not turn on.

Even the showers are okay. Just the bath tap.

maybe the tap is not opening fully - and passing less than 6 litres per min .I`ve known certain taps to jam internally.

Sponsored Links
Try not turning the tap on so far.

You are trying to run too much water through the boiler for it to heat it, to the required temperature.

Alternatively one of the guys will give you a quote for a larger boiler.

You may be passing water through the boiler faster than it can heat it. The incoming mains cold water is at its coldest this time of year. Try restricting the flowrate at the tap just a little, and you may get a better temperature. You are trading off flow against temperature.

I can understand what you mean about the flow, however the flow out of everything else is quicker than the bath tap for sure, and they all heat. The bath taps flow is certainly less than the others.

I will give it a go when home later tonight but it still seems very strange to me that the boiler fires but yet no hot water out that tap.

P.s. This was never a problem before, it has always worked for years, up until last night.

You are opening the hot tap. :LOL:

Sorry couldn't resist.

Perhaps you are getting a back feed from the cold, is there an isolating valve on the cold feed you could turn off to try it.

... or a shower mixer which has started passing cold water through to the hot side when not in use. It's been known to happen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back