Hot Water just seems not to be hot enough?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
SIME Friendly format 100E Combi boiler
It appears that our hot water is not as hot as it should be, Although we can shower ok, when running the hot water for a bath it just does not seem hot enough, certainly when the bath is full its not hot enough to bathe. The water appears to get warmer if I reduce the flow from the tap to a trickle, however that would takes hours to fill a Bath. My wife seems to think that we should not be able to keep our hands under the tap with just the hot water on, I‘m not so sure (safety ?) The dial on the control is full on and the Pressure Gauge is in the correct Zone.

The Heating seems unaffected as I can not place my hand for any period of time on the radiators.

At present it’s very cold outside, does the temp of the water entering the Combi effect the output or should the Combi cope.

Please – any help would be most grateful

Sponsored Links
Yes the incoming water temp does make a difference, but not as much as what you are describing.

I don't know these boilers, but try feeling the ch flow when the hot tap is running. If it gets hot then the diverter valve has stuck mid position (assuming these have one :rolleyes: )

The hot pipe run to your bath can make a difference if they are miles away from the boiler, just make sure they are lagged well.

The mains water will be colder and does make a small amount of difference, but not much.

Apart from descaling the heat exchanger, not a lot else you can do.

Sponsored Links
from previous experience with my SIME super90 it was the divertor thats the problem as i was getting similar if not the same.

Rads are red hot, water is warm to hot
Heat not on--water is just above cold to luke warm...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back