Hot Water - Bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have struggled recently to get a steady flow of hot water from the tap of my bath.

I've had to resort to a running the hot bath tap at a trickle to get the water hot enough to have a bath in. The problem does not exist downstairs as the water from the kitchen sink flows strongly and get's hot.

Does anyone know what the problem might be and how I could go about fixing it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Gloworm Micron 60ff. Recently changed the thermocouple on the water heater and also installed a new PCB on the boiler.

Our shower is electric and this is uneffected.

Sponsored Links
is it a fairly newbuild ? sounds like a blending valve in the bathrooms nacked, is it the same with the sink in the bathroom but the tap in the kitchens just as normal?

Ray

Thanks fella's

Q1 - No not a combi

Q2 - No the tap on the sink is ok however the supply of hot water can be a bit temperamental in that it won't run hot all the time the hot water tap is on.

Hope that helps?

All new bathrooms must have temperature limiting valves on bath hot taps. This is probably why Ray84 asked if it is a new build and suggested the blending valve could be cream crackered.

The house was built in the 1960's so it's a good 50 ish years old now.

The more work we do to it the more we realise how corners have been cut!

So the consensus seems to be blending valve? I need to put a panel back on the bath after the tiler has finished so is it worth getting this checked before I do?

tiling ? bath panel ? have you had a new bathroom or new bath taps ?

Neither. We have kept the bath and taps but have just re-tiled the bathroom after having taken the previous lot of tiles off the walls then re-plastered. I have had this problem for a while now and it's really bugging me.

Thanks

Is the vent pipe dipping into the cold tank?

Tony

The house was built in the 1960's so it's a good 50 ish years old now.

The more work we do to it the more we realise how corners have been cut!

?
that`s the 60`s for you - £oadsamoney on the building game - well before Harry Enfield coined the phrase :mrgreen: Google "The Lump" to see how good it was :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back