Hot water not running hot

dk3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there, have searched this topic and found some replies which have given me some food for thought. basically have a combi boiler, shower upstairs is only barely reasonable temp to take a shower, however I do notice it at this time of year,each year. my question is does the outside temp affect how long it would take to heat the water up seeing as its colder coming in than say in the summer, or is it down to performance of boiler and system etc. thanks for any replies

Sponsored Links
Yes the colder it goes in the colder it comes out. Does your boiler have a little knob with a picture of a tap on it? Have you tried turning it up?

thanks Joe, there is a heating/hot water setting and then hot water only setting, turning it to hot water only has improved it. I have never had the preheat knob turned around very far just left it where it was when I moved in. I presume this would also help, is it expensive to have the boiler on preheat for max 2 showers, 1 sink of water a day?

What make of boiler?

The only difference the preheat makes is how long it takes to get hot.

Tony

Sponsored Links
thanks Tony, its a Baxi Combi Instant 105e

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back