Hot water or not

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a combi boiler (Baxi Combi 105 HE). If I run a hot water tap then it soon comes out quitehot but if you leave it for a while it becomes tepid. Keep it running it gets warm again but not as hot as when it 1st started.
I have over 2 BARS(!) pressure.
Central heating (yeah I have the CH on in August) seems to be OK.
There's a bunch of red lights that are sometimes on but I haven't sussed out when they're on or not !!!

Sponsored Links
I have a combi boiler (Baxi Combi 105 HE). If I run a hot water tap then it soon comes out quitehot but if you leave it for a while it becomes tepid. Keep it running it gets warm again but not as hot as when it 1st started.

either thermistor or blocked plate h/ex.

There's a bunch of red lights that are sometimes on but I haven't sussed out when they're on or not !!!

when they're on they're bright - when they're off they're dim :LOL:

and you only need about 1bar

thanks but what do i do about

either thermistor or blocked plate h/ex.

so where's the thermistor and what do i do about a blocked plate h/ex besides unblock it. what's h/ex.

How doi get it down to 1 bar? does it matter it's 2?

h/w thermistor is in manifold (wet pocket, so water needs turning off)that is connected to left of plate heat exchanger. c/h thermistor is in flow pipe just below combustion chamber (dry pocket). it is possible to check these if you have a meter (Resistance)

H/ex (heat exchanger) is sardine can looking thing at back, central. I dont clean them - find its just as well to replace.

pressure can be lowered via a drain cock.

Sponsored Links
ta i'll get my coat or better still a plumber
or even better, a boiler repair man (a lot of plumbers dont know anything about boilers other than replacing them)

btw how come central heating appears ok? or is thre a thermistor/heat exchanger specific to hot water?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back