Hot Water pipes "ringing"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When we start to run the hot water tap in our kitchen the hot water pipes start to "ring" and reverberate through the system , in a similar way the toilet water feed pipe sounded when the float valve needed replacing/fixing......the only thing I can think off in my limited knowledge is that its the float valve in the header tank above the HW cylinder......Have oany of you knowledgable chaps got any suggestions :confused:

Sponsored Links
Poss a fault jumper tap insert on the tap.
Is it only the kitchen tap that does it ?
Can you hold or push down on the tap when the noise starts and does it stop the noise ?

yes its only the kitchen tap, so I guess that rules out the float valve in the header tank (should have spotted that :oops: ) The kitchen tap is a basic cheapo mixer tap which really needs repacing as it leaks when turned.....I have replaced the o rings on it.....

You can check the float valve by isolating it or hold it closed while you try the tap again, if it still does it with the float valve not filling then the answer is your tap insert.

Sponsored Links
I have the same problem. I recently came back from a 2 week vacation and noticed the water pressure in the kitchen sink was pretty low. I had unscrewed the faucet head and cleaned out the gasket/filter earlier and it helped. This time it didn't seem to help. Also as the water heats up there begins to be a ringing sound. If I switch over to cold, the ringing goes away.

What is the float valve?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back