Vibrations through house linked to feed and expansion tanks float valve

I got a water meter fitted and my plumbing started making a noise. A new ball valve on the main tank cured it. I think a new washer would have been enough as it was a bit scaly. Is that within your plumbing capabilities for a cheap and easy fix?

Not worth the hassle of mucking around with washers when a new ball valve is so cheap and so easy to replace.

It's really a DIY job if the OP has a spanner and knows where his stopcock is (and verifies that it works)

Sponsored Links
I'm happy to go with whoever can get here at a convenient time - as long as the price isn't ridiculous.

I have a spanner, don't have a clue where the stopcock is or it's state, and in this case would like someone to also do a service of our system and boiler.

Sponsored Links
Apologies AGAS - I have just come back and see this.

All was sorted by a Checkatrade plumber. New washer for the F+E tank ball joint and a full replacement for the cold water tank ball joint.

Thanks again for all of your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back