hot water pressure dropped

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
My hot water tap has all of a sudden slowed. Over the past week the pressure has dropped even more.
What could have caused this? I have a simple immersion tank.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Most likely:

1) Assuming that you have traditional taps (rather than 1/4 turn) then the tap headgear has probably come loose - does the tap still rotate properly?

Are your other hot water taps functioning correctly - normal flow?

if it effects all your hot taps then it might be a filter issue,

it will be inside of a combi boiler and on the balancing valve on a unvented h/w set up

on both refer to manufactures instructions, alot of them arn't located in side the burner chamber so you should be alright

Yes, I have traditional taps. Maybe I should give more information:

- The tap does rotate properly
- It is only the hot tap in the kitchen (hot tap in the bathroom is fine)
- I have an old immersion heater (the shower is electric so doesnt use the immersion heater)

Does this point to the tap headgear being loose? It seems to rotate like it always has done. Ive googled this and seen some suggestion that it could be deposits in the pipes (but then that would affect all taps maybe?)

Thanks for your help. :)

Sponsored Links
Ive just had another look, and it seem the problem tap only turns halfway.
Would this be a perished washer? :/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back