Hot water presure.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Could anybody give me any idea what sort of water presure I will be getting from the hot tap in the kitchen from a gravity feed system?
I ask because I have to fit a new kitchen and have bought taps in the past at a different house and the cold was fine but the hot was very slow.
Some nice taps I have seen say a minimum of 1 bar water presure, the same style taps that work on a minimum of 0.5 bar are much more money.
What is average for the hot water feed?
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Measure (or estimate) the height difference between the base of the COLD storage cistern (usually, but not always in the loft) which feeds the hot cylinder and the the kitchen tap.

That distance measured in metres and divided by ten is approximately the water pressure in Bar.

For a typical 2 storey house with the cold storage in the loft, and the kitchen on the ground floor, the distance is about 5 Metres, so the pressure is about 0.5 Bar.

For a flat with a combination cylinder, which has the cold storage mounted immediately above the hot cylinder, the pressure may be as low as 0.1 Bar.

Thank you,
I think I have the average 3 bed house so my pressure is probabliy 0.5 bar, I will try to buy the 0.5 bar taps.

Sponsored Links
My sound like a silly queestion, but is there any easy way of adapting high presure taps to low presure?
i.e removing a washer or drilling out a valve or something simple like that.
Just a long shot

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back