Gledill 300L Indirect unvented cylinder system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

First of all hi to everyone I'm new to the forum.

I have a problem with my system unvented system with low water pressure once it goes through the gledhill supplied presure reducing and balancing valve.
I have a large system with 4 bathrooms over 3 floors. The heating is zoned into 2 zones and there are 3 motorized valved which are the 2 heating zones and primary feed to the tank. I also have a secondary return on the hot water.

My water pressure into the house is excellent and the outside tap which is pre gledhill valve is outstanding.
Today we fitted a honeywell presure reducing valve which has been set to 4 bar and a brand new gledhill presure reducing and balancing valve but there is very little change to the pressure throughout the house. both hot and cold presure are the same to all taps.

Does anyone have any suggestion what is causing this or is purely how the gledhill design is?

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Its not clear to me why you have two pressure reducing valves. One on cold and other on cylinder?

Is the flow the same on both the hot and the cold?

Most pressure reducing valves will only pass about 25 li.min before the pressure falls considerably.

I would be very surprised if you have been able to use all four bathroom hot supplies at the same time.

Many pressure reducing assemblies include a filter. Was this replaced or cleaned?

Tony

Its not clear to me why you have two pressure reducing valves. One on cold and other on cylinder?
We installed another presure reducing valve pre the gledhill one to prevent damage as the pressure is really high coming into the property . Gledhill advised this as another safety step and a possible cause to why the Gledhill valve was not doing it's job correctly

Is the flow the same on both the hot and the cold?
Yes flow is the same on both hot and cold

Most pressure reducing valves will only pass about 25 li.min before the pressure falls considerably.

I would be very surprised if you have been able to use all four bathroom hot supplies at the same time.

I've been living at the house for a year now and not once has the pressure droped in the shower so I would have to say yes we are able to use all bathrooms at same time
Many pressure reducing assemblies include a filter. Was this replaced or cleaned?

Tony

Its not clear to me what your problem is. I had thought that you had a problem with a poor flow rate.

But now you say "not once" have you had poor flow rate! So what exactly is your problem?

If thats the case, why were these two pressure reducing valves changes?

Why do you have two?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Since the system was installed I have always had poor pressure/flow rate . I've had the system for 12 months but only now trying to identify why my pressure is so low at the taps when the pressure coming into the property is so high. I dont belive I'm getting 2.25 bar at the taps which is what I should have.

I fitted an extra pressure reducing valve as advise from Gledhill . Now I have a honeywell reducing valve set at 4 bar and the gledhill one after that is factory set at 2.25bar but I dont belive Im getting 2.25 bar at the taps.

I have ordered a presure guauge today so will see If I am getting anywhere near that the taps.

What I am asking is there a design fault on my system if so what could it be to why my presure is so low at the taps

Hi

You need a static pressure check done directly before and after the prv.
Is there a softner in line?
Gledhill PRV fitted as standard are 3bar.

I would suggest you need a dynamic pressure test!

You need to know the pressures at various parts of the system when you take say 20 li/min.

A static pressure is just that! When you take a flow then it drops, usually significantly.

Have all filters in valves been renewed/changed?

Its a bit blind to just replace/add parts when the system problems have not been diagnosed by simple pressure tests!

Tony

I've just purchased a presure gauge from ebay so will let you know the results. Thanks you for your help so far

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back