No pressure on Hot supply in new Monobloc kitchen tap.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Can you help. I have a new monobloc tap fitted in kitchen and the hot water just trickles out. Pressure on all other taps in house are fine , and was fine on the hot in the kitchen before this new tap was fitted. The fitter says 'its because the tap is probably made abroad, where they have different water presure' . I might be a female but I'm not that crazy !!

Sponsored Links
well anne, sorry to disappoint, but yuor fitter is not to far wrong.
as long as the tap has not got any debris in it..ptfe or similar then it will be down to the tap
you need a low pressure tap....most forreign taps are made for high pressure (the inners, where the water goes through are a lot narrower ect)

Thanks Jamie. Looks like a new tap then??

Hi Jamie , Possibly a daft question , but would the cold not trickle out too? The pressure on the cold is fine. Thanks

Sponsored Links
poss..get poss debris checked first ?
did you have 2 taps before hand.....either way monoblocks will always provide less flow that single taps. try and find a monoblock tap for low pressure ??

Thanks Jamie , will do. Just thought it odd that the cold was fine. Thanks again Anne

Anne,

Cold will be fine because this is usually run directly off the mains.

Rico

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back