Monobloc tap fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm fitting a new sink with a monobloc tap. The monobloc connectors are 10mm where they screw into the tap but the other end are female tap connectors i.e. I could connect a tap to them.
I expected a compression connection at the supply end.
Should I look for a joint to connect my monoblocs to the supply pipe or should I buy some new monobloc connectors with a compression fitting at the supply pipe end? :D

Sponsored Links
just fit two isolation valves then you can screw the flexis on the end.
800px-Compression_fitting_isolating.jpg

seco has hit the nail on the head, thanks.
I've got the isolation valves but thought that they had to be fitted directly onto pipes, didn't realise that you could unscrew the ends. Feel a bit stupid but now I know what I'm doing.
Happy New Year.

Sponsored Links
seco has hit the nail on the head, thanks.
I've got the isolation valves but thought that they had to be fitted directly onto pipes, didn't realise that you could unscrew the ends. Feel a bit stupid but now I know what I'm doing. Happy New Year.

dont come on here feeling stupid, its our job to make you feel stupid :LOL: :LOL:
only kidding, like the rest of us (at least the ones clever enough to admit we dont know everything) you dont know something, you ask then you know, i ask "stupid" computer and electrical questions, but i dont fel stupid asking cause when i've asked i then know, obviuosly i then tell somebody else the answer to make myself feel superior :eek:

thought that they had to be fitted directly onto pipes, didn't realise that you could unscrew the ends. Feel a bit stupid but now I know what I'm doing.

Only reason you can do it is because the female end of the flexi has a rubber washer which makes leak free joint a lot easier.
Any other situation then,yes you would need to retain the nut and olive as that is what the fitting is 'normally' designed for.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back