hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi .my mum has prob with her hot water. before ic allin plumber id like to her to have some idea of what to say/expect. she has a suprima boiler. when she choses hot water and heating the hot water out of the taps after an hour is lukewarm. however when she chooses hot water only after an hour the water is fine. she has a mid position valve. i suspect the ball in the valve doesnt fully move into mid position with more of the boiler water going to rads then cylinder.had something similar with me few years ago? is that correct? 210-240 quid is about right for the repair??thank you

Sponsored Links
I would be carefully checking the pump first!

Three port valves rarely fail as you are thinking.

There may also be air in the hot water circuit if teh vent is not taken off the coil connection.

To replace one would be about £188 if we did it in our local area on an open vented system and about £144 on a sealed system ( if no loft work was involved! ).

Tony

To replace one would be about £188 if we did it in our local area on an open vented system and about £144 on a sealed system ( if no loft work was involved! ).
**** right off with your subliminal advertising.

Sponsored Links
thanks. sorry but how can it be pump or air lock? the water is only affected when independently chosen but fine when heating chosen too. so pump and airlock cant be it??? sorry bit confused. 188 sounds good

the water is only affected when independently chosen but fine when heating chosen too.

so pump and airlock cant be it??? sorry bit confused. 188 sounds good

Yes you do seem confused!

You original posting said the problem was lack of heating of the hot water when the heating was on as well.

Now you say the opposite!

If you want us to give you some suggestions you must make up your mind what the symptoms are.

Regardless, you seem to be convinced the motor valve is at fault so in that case you might as well change it.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back