Hot water return pump DAB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The builder is claiming for the fitting of the above as an additional item. The contract specified a 3 speed bronze circulating pump, on secondary return to a buffer vessel. Is it not likely that these are one and the same thing?

Sponsored Links
Using a DAB pump (circulator) then I guess you're on a hiding to nothing for a start..:ROFLMAO:......where did I put that crystal ball...

DAB do make a bronze circulating pump.

But why are you using a builder?

Should be a heating engineer!

Tony

Sponsored Links
DAB do make a bronze circulating pump.

But why are you using a builder?

Should be a heating engineer!

Tony
How do you know the builder isn't employing the services of a plumbing/heating engineer???...I've worked for many a builder...

The actual product originally specified (and which I assume this replaces - but I might be wrong) was a Grundfoss Alpha 2 UPS 15-50N. Not being on site, I don't presently have a model number for the DAB pump.

If the grundfos was specified then why fit the DAB???..nasty product is the DAB.

How do you know the builder isn't employing the services of a plumbing/heating engineer???...I've worked for many a builder...

Presumably fitting shyte DAB pumps to increase the builder's profit then.

I am glad that I don't have to work for any dodgy builders. There is only one builder who I would do any work for. But he is a very honest builder and reasonably priced too, but busy. He has just bought a new car for £142k !

Last edited:
The builder is claiming for the fitting of the above as an additional item.

The actual product originally specified (and which I assume this replaces - but I might be wrong) was a Grundfoss Alpha 2 UPS 15-50N. Not being on site, I don't presently have a model number for the DAB pump.

If the contract already specified a secondary return pump The Grunny Alpha then why would there be a charge for an extra i the first place?

I would have a chat with him first as this extra may not be replacing the Grunny but something that was needed in addition to the original contract.

When you say buffer vessel do you mean a buffer vessel or actually an unvented cylinder or both? What system set up do you have? It may be a standard DAB circulator that was missed off for the buffer vessel on the primary heating circuit? Again this is all guess work until we know your system set up.

Jon

The Grundfoss Alpha 2 UPS 15-50N is a hot water circulation pump.

Therefore it has already been covered in the original quotation.

Since the DAB is about half the price then there should be a credit shown! NOT an additional charge!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back