Venting a Secondary Return Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a secondary return pump fitted to my domestic hot water system.

The 22mm supply pipework travels down from the Megaflo tank which is in the attic. It feeds the first floor then the ground floor and then returns back to the tank from the last tap in 15mm pipework.

At the tank there is a bronze pump fitted in the return pipework. The pump is connected to the tank, by being t'd into the the inlet pipe which feeds the tank. There is also a check valve fitted directly after the pump.

The water has been connected to the house and the domestic water system has been filled up by bleeding the air from all the taps.

What I was wondering is whether the 15mm pipework returning to the tank would have also filled up all the way back the tank going through the bronze pump ?

The reason I ask is that the pump has yet to be wired up and there is no easy way to bleed the air out of this return pipework.

When filling would the 3 Bar water pressure have opened the check valve ?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi Sofus

Cheers for your reply.

I had read in the Grundfos instruction booklet that you could not vent the pipe work connected via the vent port at the front of the pump ?

Sponsored Links
Then you will have to slacken a joint close to the pump,must admit ive fitted many gold pumps and never read the instructions or had any problems

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back