Hot water system, water heats up but none comes out!

If the flow of water is ok when you open a hot tap, then I'd check the pump and flowswitch first - does the pump come on when a hot tap is opened ?

If the flow of water is not too good from the hot taps - then could be blocked plate heat exchanger - are you in hard water area?

Sponsored Links
Its not clear to me which make of pump you have but it does not look in very good condition.

Look at FAQ to see how to test it.

Tony

Its not clear to me which make of pump you have but it does not look in very good condition.

Tony

Thanks, the pump ths the black unit in this pitcure right??

//www.diynot.com/network/600rob/albums/7696/30238

Yes the condition of it is poor the lower piping under the pump is seriosly scalced up.

wetshoes: yes the water is very hard in my area as can be seen from all the scale build up on the lower pipe.... looks to have been some sort of leak in the past

Tony

Thanks, the pump make is a grundfos, i can go inside and get the model number if it worth it

Yes the condition of it is poor the lower piping under the pump is seriosly scaled up.

wetshoes: yes the water is very hard in my area as can be seen from all the scale build up on the lower pipe.... looks to have been some sort of leak in the past

Sponsored Links

Tony

Thanks, the pump make is a grundfos, i can go inside and get the model number if it worth it

Yes the condition of it is poor the lower piping under the pump is seriosly scaled up.

Tony

Tony

okay so a professional is coming to look at it next week.

Will let you know how i get on and what the problem was when its sorted.

Thanks for the advice people

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back