Hot water takes a long time to reach the kitchen tap.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I live in a bungalow and have a problem with the hot water reaching the kitchen tap. It is very low presurre and takes a long time to get there.

I had it installed about 8 years ago.
It has a system boiler which heats up the hot water cylinder. The header tank is situatied in the top of the loft.

Can i fit a pump if so do i fit it to the incoming cold water to the cylinder or to the hot water coming out of the cylinder.

Thanks for your help :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
A pump fitted to the outlet of the cylinder, but this will involve fitting a surrey or essex flange to the cylinder to prevent air being sucked through the vent pipe into the pump and pipework.

Depends also how far away the cylinder is! Also depends on how much 22mm was used on the cylinder outlet.

Sponsored Links
i'd go with Kevplumb, or maybe scale in the tap/filter/stainer/flow restrictor fitted?.
crack the nut under the tap and see what the pressure is like there...

must be the number one complaint when a combi was fitted.as customers think instantanious is literally that. with gravity fed systems a pump will help but if a big house or big issue secondary return is the option.what you have to think is, the cost of a pump and all, worth it. as it may not be up to the standards of, straight to the taps hot water you'd want for the cost.

There's a lot to be said for an instant water heaters at kitchen sinks placed at a distance from gravity systems. Mains pressure, saving of heat loss in pipework etc. And it'd be cheaper to install than mucking about with a pump - plus if you have high pressure taps fitted in the kitchen, you'd be able to keep them.

Finally, if you could be bothered, removing the deadleg of pipework woudl give you a few quid at a scrap metal dealer - not much, but it'd get you a curry!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back