hot water tank fizzing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, could anyone shed some light on something that doesnt seem to be quite right with our hot water before I call someone out?

Got a hot water cylinder and when its on immersion only, the tank gives fizzing sound.

Also, when immersion is off and boiler works the hot water (on hot water setting only, no CH) the boiler keeps kicking in and out (a few times a minute) and again gives a kind of fizzing sound.

All the above happens when there has been no demand on hot water for a few hours or more.

If I didnt know different, I'd say theres a stat on the cylinder faulty and the water is "boiling" and the boiler cutting in and out is the boiler shutting down becuase water is too hot? am I on the right track?!

Sponsored Links
yes we do have hard water! would this be the cause of the boiler cutting in and out in quick succesion?

Sponsored Links
Not directly, but scale deposition on the heating coil could!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back