Hot water tap distance from boiler wasting water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

After a bit of advice. I have a combi boiler in the loft (baxi 105e) but there is a fairly long run to reach my hot water in the kitchen, maybe as much as 14 metres. I wonder if there is such a thing as an inline water heater that can be fitted in the kitchen that will heat the water until it reaches the right temperature from the combi? If so, what is it called and where would I get one? Are they worth using?

Thanks

Graham

Sponsored Links
If your not on a water meter put up with it ! good honest advice !

I am on a water meter as will a large proportion of the population in the next couple of years!

@Charnwood Thanks for the link, do these heaters stop heating when they detect the water is warm enough? I'm not looking to heat using electric all the time, just whilst it isn't warm at the start. I found quite a few before but none that specifically mentioned the above, I guess common sense would dictate the thermostat would ensure it doesn't try to heat already hot water but want to be sure.

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

After a bit of advice. I have a combi boiler in the loft (baxi 105e) but there is a fairly long run to reach my hot water in the kitchen, maybe as much as 14 metres. I wonder if there is such a thing as an inline water heater that can be fitted in the kitchen that will heat the water until it reaches the right temperature from the combi?Graham
no such thing , I`m afraid. It`s an either/or situation . either leave the combi as is - or go for a small ( under 15 litres) unvented electric storage water heater. As to meters - they are no bad thing - most people , even families are no worse off financially ;)

Or run the tap slower (half) to start with ,you will find that saves you water and heats quicker.
Extra spent on water is outweighed by gas saved not having full tank for dishes

Have you fully insulated all your hot water pipes?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back