Hot Water TaP (Downstairs Loo) Becoming Hard to Open

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Over the last couple of days I have noticed that the Hot Tap on the basin in the downstairs loo has become increasing hard to open.

The amount of turns seems to be decreasing - cannot seem to open the tap on full, worried just incase I break the tap.

The flow is just about ok.

Any ideas or thoughts most welcome

Thanks in advance.

Coops :eek: :eek: :eek:

Forgot to say: I installed the taps from new 3 years ago.

Sponsored Links
The washer has worn and the head gear assembly is now not retracting fully. Isolate the tap, wind the headgear back in and replace the washer

Sponsored Links
Hi all

I started on the hot tap and then the cold as I noticed all of this corrosion on the tap handle and the cover. Inside the cover was full of bits as shown on the photo. This seemed to be stopping the tap opening up fully.

The taps were from B&Q I think, (Plumbsure - 5 year guarantee) I doubt that they will be covered.

Does anybody know why this has happened. The washers were fine. I just cleaned out all of the muck and re-assembled. All working well. Didnt have any silicone grease as suggested in the you tube video - is it essential?

I think I will be replacing the taps or at least seeing if I can still buy these taps?

Any ideas on what caused the corrosion ?

Thanks in advance

Coops

you won't get anywhere with the warentee that is for faulty manifacturing not for them failing cause they are full of crap

He asked you where the crap came from. Why don't you tell him?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back