Hot water tap on, but no hot water, however CH comes on!?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I installed my Sabre combi condesning boiler about 6 weeks ago and have had it connected and commisioned.

All was well until today. I turned on the HW tap, and waited for the water to heat up but it never got above luke warm. I could hear the boiler kicking into life though. Then I noticed the radiator was getting hot, even though I had the CH off.

So I left the hot tap running and investigated the boiler. The CH feed pipe was red hot (depsite CH being turned off), and the HW pipe was luke warm.

Is this a common fault. There is obviously something wrong here.

Sponsored Links
if you got it comissioned then you should have warranty? but if not installed to mi's then you will not be covered. sounds like a divertor problem and more than likely due to system not been flushed correctly.

Nath

Possible problem with your 3 way valve cartridge, bobbin more than likely swollen or bent, passing hot water through your heating side partially.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys. Will have to check this then. I certainly flushed it out properly, and eveything is brand new...new rads and pipework as the place had no CH at all previously.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back