Hot water temperature boost; Viotdens 200

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What ho one and all,

My wife this afternoon, decided she would like to have a hot bath. Unfortunately the water was not terribly hot and I got some flak for not knowing how to boost the temp on a one-off basis.

I have searched the instruction book but cannot find anything as useful as 'Hot Water Boost.' Most of the instructions assume that I want to boost the pressure, not the temperature. I occasionally use, the 'Party' mode, which will heat the DHW first, before heating the house to the desired increased room temp. but this time, I do not want to heat the house.

Is there a simple way to just boost the hot water temperature and if so, how?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
I don't know, but why, in this age of enlightenment, empowerment, and other such nonsense, do you have to take responsibility for her lack of knowledge? Tell her to read the manual herself.
Never heard of a Voitdens. As Mr Morecambe said to Mr Preview, "I'm playing all the right notes, not necessarily in the right order".

You are right about the title tyro, it should be Vitodens; it is Viessmann boiler. And my wife is not a native speaker; if I cannot figure out the instructions, there is no way she will be able to do so.

IMG_3733.png

Attachments

• IMG_3732.png
    IMG_3732.png
    421.2 KB · Views: 15
Sponsored Links
The above shows the 3 controls. Use the Tap controller to adjust the hot water temp

Thanks. However, I am familiar with the tap icon to change the HW set temp. But that changes it as a new default and only from when the set time come on. I want to give it (for example) a one hour boost, to fire up the boiler now and not to set a new default.

I do have an immersion heater boost but as that is only for an emergency, it is not on. Unfortunately, it is so bloody complex, it has a back-up battery to remember the settings. Since it has been off of a few years, the settings are lost and the power needs to be on for quite some time, to give the battery sufficient oomph before I can activate the one hour boost button.

The boiler does have 'Party' mode, which heats the DHW first before the floor heating, and comes on when activated, but one needs to set the room temp considerably higher first, and that seems a crazy way to just temporarily boost the DHW temp.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back