hot water temperature

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my brother has moved house and whilst moveing him in we found the hot water temperature very very hot,to hot to touch,steam and bubbles from hot taps.
after reading posts here i have checked.
1,the immersion heater is off.no immersion exists.
2,boiler stat is in mid position.suprima 100.(poor sod).
3,no primary flow is getting past 3 port valve port b.when on heating only mode.
4,cylinder stat a sunvic has no or is missing any adjusting dial,this looks like the problem.
ok am i correct.
just another probaly daft question,what is the reccomended hot water temperature at the taps.
if i set new cylinder stat ar 60 degrees will hot water temp at taps be 60 degrees.
once again thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
thanks in advance said:
4,cylinder stat a sunvic has no or is missing any adjusting dial,this looks like the problem.
Good analysis - I concur so far.

ok am i correct.
A new cylinder stat will cost you only around £15, so I would fit it without thinking any further just to eliminate your stat and give you a control knob.

just another probaly daft question,what is the reccomended hot water temperature at the taps.
Between 55°C and 60°C.

if i set new cylinder stat ar 60 degrees will hot water temp at taps be 60 degrees.
It's not an exact science, but pretty much so - yes.

Actually, it is an exact science, but there's too much information missing to be able to calculate the answer with any degree of accuracy.

Sponsored Links
My pleasure.

We usually associate legionella with larger water
systems, eg in factories, hotels, hospitals and museums, and cooling
towers, but they can also live in smaller water supply systems used in
homes and other residential accommodation. Other potential sources of
legionella include spa and whirlpool baths, humidifiers (in factories) and
fire-fighting systems (sprinklers and hose reels). Legionella can survive in
low temperatures, but thrive at temperatures between 20oC and 45oC.
High temperatures of 60oC and over will kill them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back