Cylinder Very hot at top.

chrishutt said:
Softus, you're repeating what's been dealt with. You're so absorbed in your private debate with croydoncorgi that you've overlooked developments in the original thread! :rolleyes:
You're absolutely right - I started the reply much earlier, got called away and finished when I got back. I apologise unreservedly for making a mess of the topic as a result (comments to cc notwithstanding).

Sponsored Links
Since the original problem is resolved and the cause probably identified, it's no longer worthwhile to continue any debate about 'how HW cylinders work'.

However - I take great exception to the way Softus expresses him/herself and will take special care to leave any further thread he participates in to his 'greater knowledge and experience' which at least he himself considers to be infinite. Obviously, anything additional from me would be entirely superfluous.

croydoncorgi said:
I take great exception to the way Softus expresses him/herself
Don't take it personally. He just likes an argument (in the academic sense), following logically through in minute detail. He probably should have been/was a lawyer.

I've had the odd run-in with him - at least he has the good grace to concede a point or an argument when the counter case is well made. His style of argument can be a little abrasive, but I'm sure he doesn't intend any personal slight and none should be taken.

Isn't that right, softus?

Sponsored Links
croydoncorgi said:
Since the original problem is resolved and the cause probably identified, it's no longer worthwhile to continue any debate about 'how HW cylinders work'.
It would be worthwhile, if you didn't pretend that you knew how they worked and attempt to ridicule me for what I posted. At one point you suggested that I haven't looked at one recently, and yet it now transpires you have a poor grasp of convection and where/how it happens. How the mighty fall...

croydoncorgi said:
However - I take great exception to the way Softus expresses him/herself and will take special care to leave any further thread he participates in to his 'greater knowledge and experience'
This would appear to be a toy/pram mismatch type situation. My personabilty dictates that I say it as I see it. For your part, if you can't debate without resorting to sarcasm, then don't be surprised when you get a hostile response.

croydoncorgi said:
...which at least he himself considers to be infinite.
I acknowledge the compliment, but my knowledge is not infinite, and I've never pretended to anyone that I thought it was. When I'm wrong, I admit it. When you're wrong, I'll tell you. If you don't like it, then don't write down things that are wrong.

croydoncorgi said:
Obviously, anything additional from me would be entirely superfluous.
It didn't stop you posting this though, did it! Sour grapes methinks.

chrishutt said:
He just likes an argument (in the academic sense), following logically through in minute detail.
Quite so.

chrishutt said:
He probably should have been/was a lawyer.
It has been suggested to me before.

chrishutt said:
I've had the odd run-in with him - at least he has the good grace to concede a point or an argument when the counter case is well made. His style of argument can be a little abrasive, but I'm sure he doesn't intend any personal slight and none should be taken.

Isn't that right, softus?
Spot on in every regard. In retrospect, I sometimes regret that I give the impression of hostility, but I believe that I always give respect when I find it being given (and vice versa).

croydoncorgi said:
Oh well...
maybe I'll keep 'FOAD' in reserve for next time, then. :evil:
As you can see cc, our posts crossed. I genuinely don't know what FOAD means, but maybe after some cooling off we might better see each other's point of view.

Edit: Ah. I've worked it out. Please be assured that I will do neither, but I will understand your frustration at that news:cool:

Softus said:
croydoncorgi said:
Oh well...
maybe I'll keep 'FOAD' in reserve for next time, then. :evil:
As you can see cc, our posts crossed. I genuinely don't know what FOAD means, but maybe after some cooling off we might better see each other's point of view.

Edit: Ah. I've worked it out. Please be assured that I will do neither, but I will understand your frustration at that news:cool:
I`ll just SHADL,not having the strength to FO@the moment ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back