Hot water turning Luke warm from boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Bit of a strange one.

Our boiler (Viessman 35kW) provides our hot water. It starts off fine and hot but a few minutes later the water runs luke warm. When it's running luke warm it heats up to hot again temporarily when another hot tap is run but then quickly goes back to luke warm again.

When in the shower the water changes quickly from hot to luke warm.

Looking at the boiler when the hot is running it goes up to 70 plus deg then drops down to 40 ish.

Seems very strange - anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Alan

Sponsored Links
Yeah I'm going to get the gas engineer that services the boiler. I just thought it was a bit strange that it comes and goes.

Sponsored Links
Well I don't understand , if your going to get an rgi to look at it why would u seek for the answer in advance.???? Maybe you should get advice from the rgi and then relay to us what he or she thinks the problem is ?

Because I've never found it a problem to have some information as to what may be the problem. Always helps in understanding whether the rgi's diagnosis sounds reasonable. I've been managing building projects for fifteen years and I know that tradesmen aren't perfect. If you took your car to the garage with a strange fault you might research it first, no?

But I'm not a gas fitter - hence why I am on an advice forum asking for advice. Apparently that's not what a forum's for.

But you have had no diagnostic from an rgi have you not ? , and for me to give advice about a gas appliance to a diyer is a no no I'm afraid , if you have been managing building projects I'm sure you may have a list of rgis that can help you rather than posting on here, also if my car goes wrong I have the perfect guy to go to :mrgreen:

If you do get advice on the potential problem, would you then ask for a potential price to repair? Then use it against the rgi whom may not agree with the price nor agree with our diagnosis?

Cpuld be that the engineer squized the flow or return hose and a lump of oxide got into plate
Why on earth would an engineer squeeze a hose and how would that cause a lump of so called oxide to get into the plate ?

rig
If you do get advice on the potential problem, would you then ask for a potential price to repair? Then use it against the rgi whom may not agree with the price nor agree with our diagnosis?

No. But if someone helpfully noted "I had something very similar and it was X" and the RGI turned up and said "Boilers f@cker, needs replacing", I might then consider getting a second opinion. I'm not going to ask anyone who's not inspected for themselves about costs.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable in asking for advice.

No but u haven't had an inspection yet so u cannot yet make judgment can you ?, twot

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back