Hot Watrer Tank Gate Valve

22 Aug 2008
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi I need to change the gate valve that feeds my hot water tank on the first floor the only problem is there is no cut off valve in the attic and cannot drain the water supply tank do I need to buy a freeze kit or is ther another way to do it
Sponsored Links
You mean the gate valve on the supply to the hot water cylinder from the cws ?
Sponsored Links
As said just bung the outlet from inside the tank, drain what's in the pipe and replace the gate valve. Failing that, why can't you drain the tank?
Is it the only pipe out of the cws ? OR do you have a feed to cold taps also
It is the only pipe out of the cold water supply tank the cold water for the taps come from the main cws

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links