Hotpoint 9324W tumble drier heating element broken

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Hotpoint 9324W tumble drier heating element is broken, I can see where.

Clearly it needs fixing, but I'm having a lot of bother trying to work out where the front panel screws and press stud fasteners are to remove the panel to get at the element.

I've had a web search, but I've not been able to find anything.

If there is an easy way, I'd be very grateful of the help.

(Or is it best to let a local repair person fix it ?).

Thanks

Sponsored Links
you cant fix elements you have to change the whole element.
does it look like a giant spring?

(sorry its so long since i changed one i cant remeber how you get at it :cry:

I think, you look at the top back of the lid there should be 2 screws holding lid on, undo these, lid slides towards back (may need a hard push)

once lid off you can see front panel, pull knob off screws behind it undo theses, other end of front panel is hled by studs, gently hit with philips screwdriver to knock front panel off , then you cabn see 3 screws holding panel on, you can figure the rest your self.

be bentle they are easy to break, bear in mind its around 14 years since i last did this

you cant fix elements you have to change the whole element.
does it look like a giant spring?

(sorry its so long since i changed one i cant remeber how you get at it :cry:

I think, you look at the top back of the lid there should be 2 screws holding lid on, undo these, lid slides towards back (may need a hard push)

once lid off you can see front panel, pull knob off screws behind it undo theses, other end of front panel is hled by studs, gently hit with philips screwdriver to knock front panel off , then you cabn see 3 screws holding panel on, you can figure the rest your self.

be bentle they are easy to break, bear in mind its around 14 years since i last did this

Sorry, by fix I did mean replace :)

Thanks for the tip about the studs, I can see a few - I was a little unsure how to go about prising the front panel off.

If I can manage it, I'll take a few pictures and post back.

For info - I have completed the repair by replacing the heating element.

It wasn't too tricky, just a bit fiddly.

I did take a few pictures along the way, and am happy to post them if people wish. They are only relevant for wiring - so that I didn't mess up :)

Sponsored Links
post them

Sorry for the delay. I've put up some pictures.

Taking the lid off is trivial as is removing 3 lower screws from the bottom of the front area.

I suggest lying the machine on its back when removing the heating element, this will allow the drum to be better positioned a the front of the machine acts as part of the drum "spindle".

Any questions, please ask.

[/img]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back