Hotpoint Aquarius 1100 Washing Machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a Hotpoint Aquarius 1100 Washing Machine and recently I have noticed that it has been making an awful sound during its final spin which seems to get louder each run. I have come back home after xmas and have tried to use my machine and have come into a problem. Once again it made its familiar loud spin sound, but when I came to empty the load I found that there was water in the drum just below the door level and the washing powder was visible all over the clothes. I emptied the clothes and tried to put the machine onto a quick spin to empty the water but all it did was trip the electricity in the house. I tried it a couple of times on different spin settings with the electricity tripping everytime.

I have managed to siphon out the water in the drum and I have taken the top off to have a look for any obvious signs of damage but can't immediately see anything. One point I notice is that if I spin the drum by hand it feels really grainy if that makes sense and as soon as I let go it almost immediately stops spinning.

King regards
Dave.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back