hotpoint no motor action

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all
i have a hotpoint aquarius extra 1100 spin ,model no.wma42,it's about 3-4 years old and has no motor action.the belt is on,the drum spins freely and the brushes are o.k???
any ideas.

Sponsored Links
Probably a fault on the main computer circuit board. If you are lucky it may just be a burnt copper strip on the PCB. Remember that you have a 5 year parts warranty so if you do need a new board it may be worth calling in Hotpoint.

cheers fido, i had a look at the board but couldn't see any damage. i bet they are a few bob so i'd like to be sure,it's a nightmare!!

If the motor dont work and you tested it with a meter.......................Its a new motor you need, sorry to tell you de bad news/

Sponsored Links
alexlander said:
If the motor dont work and you tested it with a meter.......................Its a new motor you need, sorry to tell you de bad news/

who said the motor was tested with a meter?

i've seen a couple of these with a broken connection in the motor multiplug. it's worth a look. also try running the motor with the belt off. that can sometimes show up an armature fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back