Hotpoint Aquarius 1100 won't spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hotpoint Aquarius washing machine won't spin except by hand. Brushes renewed, belt OK and filter cleared. Any ideas what else to try??? Lots of smelly socks.

Sponsored Links
Model number , was this the same fault before you changed the brushes. Did you realease the tag on the brushes . Does the drum move on the wash.

Than ks for replying. It's a WM63. Changed the brushes since I thought that was the problem. Drum doesn't move for the whole cycle. The tag - I assume that's what holds the brushes in - they were relaesed before I put them in.

Ok now check the wires iin the plug from Motor to pcb. Has the pcb got a glass fuse on it. If it has is it blown.

Sponsored Links
They may look ok test them with a continuity tester. Fuse is on pcb in front of motor.

Oh dear. Don't have one. Still can't see fuse. Motor clicks and growls when it gets to the spin part. Does that give any more clues?

That's the pcb clicking and the pump making that noise. You need to check for a broken wire. Only thing it can be is motor ,pcb,wiring.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back