Hotpoint Aquarius Condenser Dryer Not Heating As It Should

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys , I'm looking for some friendly advice from the experts. I have a Hotpoint Aquarius Condenser Dryer TDC32, which is about 5 years old now. In the last month I have noticed that clothes etc are taking a lot longer to dry. So obviousley the dryer is not heating up as it should. I do the usual daily maintainance of cleaning the fluff and emptying the water tray etc.
I have searched the forums and gained some info , could it be the thermostats or could it be another problem ?
All advice is welcome cheers guys !!

Sponsored Links
if you switch it on empty for 5 mins does it get hot if not stats gone if yes its hot, clean the condenser at the bottom :)

Hi rocks1 put it on for 10 mins and it didn't get hot , so the stats are gone ?

so my next question is where are the stats and are they easy to replace
cheers

Sponsored Links
on the back is a cover wirth about 10 screws remove screws and stats are on the top , 2 round discs .the green one on the left remove it and throw it on the floor a couple of times to reset it .the metal disc under neath it should be flexed out if stat pops after a few drys the heater relay on the board is no go ;)

Hi rocks1 took off the panels at the back and noticed one of the heating element is snapped in two , so this will defo need replaced but will this be the fix to my problem or will the stats need replaced two cheers

oh dear heater needs replaceing ,if you have a continuity tester you can unplug the stat and measure across the stats they should bleep if so they are ok .heater price about 20 quid try ebay or shop near you :cool:

also new heater comes with stats on top anyway .good luck :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back