Hotpoint Aquarius Dryer Model TDL31P - Not 'Auto Drying'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My tumble dryer has stopped 'Auto Drying'. On starting the cycle, the 'Auto Dry' indicator illuminates for a few minutes and then goes out. The cycle will then run down to a stop with the contents still wet.

The machine works ok when using the manual 'timed' drying cycle.

What component 'senses' the dryness of the contents? The machine is several years old and probably just needs a good clean of the sensor!

Many Thanks in anticipation. - DM

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys - I've got the lid off the machine and cannot see anything obvious other than a lot of fluff!! Any tips on why my dryer is not 'auto drying'?

As no advice on this problem has been forthcoming, I have finally taken the plunge and whipped off the panels for a good look over.

I was shocked at the amount of 'fluff' within the dryer housing. There was a 6" layer of the stuff between the drum and side panel, which on first inspection looked like an insulation panel. The motor was so clogged with the stuff I am amazed it worked at all. I eventually filled 2 Tesco plastic bags of the stuff. :eek: I am just relieved that it was well clear of the heater assembly as it could so easily have gone up in flames.

Before buttoning up again, I checked all components - 2 stats at rear heater were short circuit (assuming normally closed), and same for 2 stats adjacent to filter housing.

With fingers crossed I loaded up the machine and guess what???? Auto Dry still switches off after a couple of minutes...... :mad:

Can anyone suggest why this is so? Thanks in anticipation.

Doug

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys,

My auto dry is still not working so have raised this again to the front of the queue hoping that all the kind hearted experts were away on holiday and missed my original posting. ;)

I don't want to replace the machine and having to use the 'timer' is really frustrating as the missus just sets it to 'Max time' irrespective of the load size...... :cry:

Thks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back