Hotpoint Aquarius FDL570 - flashing lights and not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have seen a few threads relating to this here and on the internet but all of the solutions I have tried haven't worked. Can someone help diagnose the problem before I spend money calling someone out?

As per the title, we came home the other day to find the salt, rinse aid, start/pause and 6hr LEDs flashing. I tried the usual things my limited DIY skill allows like checking cables etc but no visible leaks. I pulled it out and tipped it near horizontal both forwards and backwards but didn't notice much water coming out, if at all. All weekend it has been flashing, turning it on and off made no difference - indeed if turned off, it would turn itself back on and start flashing, however today apparently the wife informs me she turned it off and when turned back on it seemed to be working. I can hear water sloshing around in there although I have paused the cycle and the water is cold so I assume that is the problem there? The lights start flashing again somewhere after the wash cycle and before the drying phase.

Can anyone help? Is it completely borked or is it an easy/cheap fix?

Sponsored Links
Heater knacked. Easy to do twist off and new one slots on. Plus you need 2 jubilee clips.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back