Hotpoint Aquarius FDW20 Dishwasher trips RCD repeatedy.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, my Hotpoint dishwasher kept tripping out the RCD on the Consumer Unit (cu) and after reading several very good posts on here I isolated it (disconnect completely from the power) and checked underneath. I removed the bottom cover and found the motor, wiring etc covered with water. I disconnected the little float type cut out on the bottom plate/cover and cleaned and dried it.
Nothing was rusty and this had not happened before. So I dried everything off with paper towels, hair dryer and spray on contact cleaner and checked the pipes as best as I could for any obvious damage or leaks.
Then with the front slightly elevated so I could look underneath (from a safe distance!) started it again.
It began the cycle again but I saw water dripping from the middle. It tripped the RCD again quickly. I repeated the above but this time the pipe that connects the pump to the rotating spray arm in the base was loose as heck. It was obviously getting looser each time and leaking more and more.
I tightened this back up with a pair of long handled pliers and this has appeared to solve the leak and with it the repeated trip. I was surprised to find the arm base just screws into the threaded insert in the rubber pipe and there's no gaskets or washers to replace.
If it's happened once, it'll happen again so I hope this is of use to someone

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back