Dishwasher tripping RCD on fill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been using an Ariston integrated dishwasher daily for the last 3 years without a problem, but last night it tripped the RCD. It must have been about 3/4 the way through the cycle and when it tripped there was a strong burning smell. I reset the RCD and turned the dishwasher back on and it tripped immediately. I manually emptied the water that was left in and started a new cycle. As soon as it fills the water to the stage where it contacts the metal of the inside of the washer it trips again.

I've tested the element and that's fine. The pump also seems to be okay (small resistance across terminals). I've not tested the motor yet. There are no obvious leaks in / beneath the washer.

Any ideas what this could be / what else I could check?

Thanks for any help you can give,

Andrew

Sponsored Links
If it trips your rcd and you have noticed a strong burning smell then my advice is to leave well alone & contact qualified assistance. Electricity can kill :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back