Baumatic Dishwasher BDW5 tripping RCD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, my integrated Baumatic Dishwasher BDW5 suddenly started tripping the RCD in our consumer unit. It was running last night, about 15 minutes into the wash when it first happened. Everytime I reset the RCD and I switched the DW back on at the socket the RCD would instantly trip. I then emptied as much water as I could without removing the DW from its location and left it for an hour or so. I turned it back on again and it didn't trip the RCD. I then switched it back on and off again a few times and all was fine, however, I switched it on again and left it for a few seconds and sure enough it tripped again.

So, any ideas what the likely culprit is, the heating element perhaps? Any suggestions on how I prove it is the element or something else? Any idea when in the cycle (economy wash) the element comes on?

I mention the element just because I suspect that to be a likely culprit and because it appears to be replaceable fairly cheaply!

Keith

Sponsored Links
most poss element disconect the wire block to heater see if it trips ,then google for a heater if it dont trip.

Cheers, but after a further bit of investigation I'm now not convinced.

I've now discovered that with the DW on (switched on at the socket) but with no program set to run, the RCD trips after a few seconds (10 ish) IF the door is closed!

Any more ideas? Knackered DW?

Keith

Sponsored Links
Still could be heater. poss dead short unplug heater then try again. if that don't do it try circ pump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back