Fan oven tripping RCD after new element

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
A few weeks ago my Diplomat 3940 oven tripped the RCD, the oven came back on after I reset the RCD but fan element wasn't heating up. The oven still worked on every other function so I assumed the fan element had blown. I bought a replacement element and fitted it (the old one was visibly distorted). When I turned the oven on, it powered on ok so I tested the fan setting - after about a minute the RDC tripped again. Since then, switching the oven on at the wall trips the RCD, even after letting it cool down completely. I refitted the old, blown element and the oven now works again (obviously except for the fan setting). Any ideas what's going on?
Thanks.
Aid

Sponsored Links
Did the new element come in a sealed polythene bag preferably with a bag of silica gel to absorb any moisture, if not it is probably a new element that has absorbed moisture.

It was in a bag, but there was no silica gel bag.
I tested continuity through the terminals and it was good.
I tested continuity between terminal-earth and terminal-insulation and there was no flow.
I tested resistance from terminal-earth and terminal-insulation and that read as 1 on my multimeter which I believe indicates infinite resistance.
If moisture was the issue, how could I check for it and how would I resolve it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back