Neff U1461 Oven element?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My neff u1461 fan oven heats up, but keeps tripping the fuse.

When I reset the fuse and oven clock, it starts heating again straight away until it trips again at a higher temperature a few minutes later, never immediately.

If I set the oven to 200 degrees it gets there after tripping out maybe 3 times.

I removed the oven back plate covering the element and the element didn't appear damaged?

I then started the oven up without this back plate and the oven heated up to 200 degrees without tripping the fuse at all.

If I replace the back plate it blows the fuse.

Is it that the heat is affecting the resistance in the element and I should just change it for a new one?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Are you sure it is not just a wire or the element shorting on the back panel? Check for any damage to wiring insulation etc.

Thanks for the response.

I removed the element, cleaned it up with a fine wire wool (it didn't need it) and checked the wiring,

The wiring connections were tight, shiny and the insulation on the wiring appears to be in perfect condition without any splits or discolouration.

The wiring remains flexible rather than brittle.

Having cleaned the area, I replaced the element and oven back panel.

I have exactly the same symptoms, the cooker will reach 200 degrees after tripping the fuse a couple of times. Once it is at 200 degrees, it works as required.
Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back