Neff built in oven problem (heating element??)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Neff fan oven model B1420W0GB/05. The oven when 'pop' today and tripped a circuit on the consumer unit. Metered the main fan, heating element, grill element and oven bulb. All metered ok except the oven heating element. When the heating element failed some years ago there was no pop or blowing of the fuse. The oven still worked except the oven failed to heat up. In fact we only knew there was a problem when the dinner was cold. This time there was a 'pop' and now when switching on the only thing working is the fan which operates to cool the element when it is still hot after switching off. Even the oven light fails to come on. Can all this be caused by a failed element. If I order the element will this cure the problem? A neff replacment is about £60 and that probably doesn't include vat or delivery. E spares have an equivalent for about £18. I don't want to order the expensive unit if there is another problem as well as the element. Any ideas. Thanks Barry

Sponsored Links
You could take the element out of circuit and see what function then, and see if the appliance still trips. Is it an RCD trip or an MCB?

Hope I'm doing this right. Not used to these forums.
I guess I have MCB as the house is about 22 years old.
The oven only tripped when the element blew. Since then when turning on only the oven only the auxillary fan has operated and not the main fan or the oven light. (When the element went 'pop' the oven was being turned off). Don't know if that has any bearing on things. I guess the switch must be working as its operating the aux fan. If I disconnect the wires from the element which is not completing the circuit as it's gone at present will this make any difference ?
Barry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back