Dishwasher Tripping RCD Adaptor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I have an integrated Bosch SGV46M03GB dishwasher. Probably quite old, was already in the house when we moved in 3 years ago.

Recently started tripping the RCD adaptor (plug in one, not integrated) mid cycle.

I have changed the RCD, no difference.

I have changed the heater element, no difference.

If I run it on a rinse cycle, I believe no heating is involved and it runs OK. But any cycle where it warms up it trips.

After it has tripped I have to wait for it to cool down before the RCD will reset.

Can anyone offer any other suggestions to try please? Inside (underneath where pumps etc are) looks clean, no signs of leakage.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I would make a guess at when the unit heats the water, steam and condensation is making its way onto electrical parts inside and causing the RCD to trip.

Another possibility, is that the new element is also faulty.

Try disconnecting & insulating the wires from the heater & run it & see what happens. It could be anything to do with the element or the circuit supplying it.

OK so I think I have narrowed it down.

I stripped the Co trol board out of its plastic housing and bingo, there was a desoldered leg on one of the relays. I resoldered it and thought I'd done it. It ran for a lot longer this time, but then it still cut out. So it feels like it is the control board.

Trouble is the control board module replacement is like £250+ wtf? That's half the price of a good new machine! How is that encouraging people to not throw perfectly good things away? It's not even anything special looking, just a pretty ordinary looking PCB.

Might try replacing just the relays...

Sponsored Links
Trouble is the control board module replacement is like £250+ wtf? That's half the price of a good new machine! How is that encouraging people to not throw perfectly good things away? It's not even anything special looking, just a pretty ordinary looking PCB.

They don't have to make them economically viable to repair, simply to offer the parts. Rather than replacing relays, see if you can beg/borrow/steal an insulation tester. It needs to be tested as soon as it trips for earth leakage, between both L and N, at the plug and internal mains powered items.

it not the pcb thats a fact i think it may be the mains filter just unplug it off the terminal block

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back