Hotpoint Aquarius FDW60 - not cleaning and alot white powder

Just wondering if you fixed your problem Joel. I've got exactly the same problem as you, so I'd love to know the solution if you did.
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Thanks to everyone for their help. Yes, these replacement parts did fix the problem.

I think it was the right decision to get a replacement nut as well as the arm (which does come with a gasket) as although it wasnt split, the new nut was more round, whereas the warn one was ever so slightly egg shaped.

Best
Joel

I found your website whilst trying to find out why my Hotpoint FDW60G was not producing clean dishes, and the information here helped enormously. Following instructions, I removed both spray arms, and was astonished to find so much debris inside. If I had not done it myself, I would not have believed it!! The results are shown in the photo below, with the exception of the 5p piece, which is only there to show the size of the bits and pieces! What I don't understand, though, is why some of the holes in the arms are closed.
On the top spray, there are 6 water jet holes on one side with 2 of them permanently sealed; 5 water jet holes on the other side with none sealed; On the lower spray there are 5 water jet holes on one side with 1 permanently sealed; and on the other side 5 jet holes with 2 permanently sealed (i.e. plugged with plastic, presumably at manufacture)
However, most of them were plugged up with debris, so it's a wonder anything was getting washed at all!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back