Hotpoint Aquarius TDC32 - no heat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Hotpoint Aquarius TDC32 condensor dryer which is no longer heating.

Presuming it to be the thermostats I ordered 2 new ones (green dot) and took rear plates off.

When i took the small rear box plate which is above the thermostat housing first it was full of a blackened dust and looked like this part had blown - what is it??

Ive checked the heater elements and they are all intact.

I changed the thermostats anyway and this has not made it work so I'm guessing its this part (its a sort of copper strip with a black button going through the end of it and is cased above the thermostat casing?).

Can you help?

Sponsored Links
the dust is from the bearing pad under the copper strip . its a square looking bit of copper ,you can test the stats with a continuity tester also they are resetable by thowing them on the floor the geen one ,has the green stat been pushed in by accident if so it wont work ,its poss the front stat gone under the door frame held on by 2 screws ,also does the drying light come on when its on .

Well I replaced the thermostats at the rear - still didn't work.

So I've replaced the heater element (had seen better days) - still doesn't work

The drying light comes on when its on.

Where is the thermostat in the door and what part number is this?

Part no 1701575 found at the top of the door inner it's a little round disc size of a 5 p piece

Sponsored Links
no just the 2 screws you can see on the inner door edge and pull down ,may be tight if cable tied from inside.

Can you point out where on this pic as i can't find it?

DSCF2146.jpg

as you look at the door seal just under the seal at about 1 oclock just below the screw in pic .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back