Hotpoint Aquarius Washer/Dryer clunking whilst drum moving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My Hotpoint Aquarius Washer/Dryer is clunking when the drum is moving. When i turn the drum by hand or use the belt at the back it still clunks at pretty much the same point whether i spin it slow or fast!

I can't see any obstructions at the back or inside the drum. I also removed the blades and can't see any obstruction.

It sounds like it's coming from in between the 'inner' drum and the 'outer' drum.

Any help would be appreciated as I don't fancy taking it apart and not sure of the cost of an engineer.

Thanks,

Brian

Sponsored Links
can u lift up the inner drum is there play in it .

Yes, a little but it's stiff to pull it up. There is a great amount of play in the drum forwards and backwards.

Have you checked the filter ,drum surposed to move back and forth the inner drum should have no play in it when lifted up

Sponsored Links
Remove rear White panel filter is dead centre on the base of the drum big black sump with jubilee clip round it also check the heater is not loose above the filter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back