Hotpoint Aquarius WD420 Washer/Dryer - won't complete cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There,

The above machine won't complete a wash cycle - it seems to hang at early stages, drum does half turns almost and if you cancel it - clothes are wet (clearly!) but cold. At the start I can hear water running through the drawers etc. but it doesn't seem to fill enough to see a water level through the door - maybe it never did though.

It will Rinse and Spin OK, and it will pump out OK so that all seems to be working. Occasionally it has halted with f07 lights (heater relay?) - but now it doesn't seem to get that far. Here is what I have done so far.

Checked water pressure on hot and cold hoses - OK
Firmed up PCB connections best I can

Anyone any ideas - help appreciated of course.

Many thanks

SG

Sponsored Links
The Wash Heater part number 1604486 is open circuit. The appliance will stick in the heat part of the cycle, as it doesnt heat the software keeps repeating the same steps. Replace the heater, the are tricky to remove, the rubber can jam. Use a pair of grips to remove after removing the nut. Use a sharp tool to ease the rubber out if it is stuck. Usual cause is limescale.

Check the heater for continuity it should be around 26 ohms through the element,
Check the connections on the heater, thermister and PCB are all ok and clean.
If all is ok you may have a PCB fault (Heater relay circuit failure)

Thanks folks - will attempt testing of these over next few days and let you know how it goes....thanks for taking the time to respond, very much appreciated.

ou812?

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I do Concour with the above post, if the drum appears to stagger instead of turning then the fault is on the module. These need programming with a key writter(arround £100) and the Software (£20), Alternatively some older versions have a chip to fit in but you need the correct one. The cheapest option is to call out the manufacturers and have a one off repair which comes with a 90 day guarntee

Emw do pcbs at 45.00 back in 24 hrs and will tell you if faulty, or cost of no fault a fiver , cheaper than manufactures..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back