Hotpoint Aquarius WD420

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

I'm new to the forum, seems like the place I can offer help and receive some. In this case I could do with some! Today I replaced the door seal on my WD420 washer dryer. Since changing the seal the machine won't start and I have a door lock error. The door does lock but before the cycle starts I can hear the lock click every 3 secs for 3 attempts and then the error comes up. To give you all the info, I did disconnect the door lock connector when I was replacing the front panel and re connect it correctly. The machine is 5-6 yrs old and the door lock light on the front panel stopped working after a month of owning it, but this didn't affect the machine at all.

Anyone else had a problem like this? Any help with this would be great

Thanks
Kusunagi

Sponsored Links
sounds like a communication error on the module to me.However, if you have a spare lock, sometimes this works.
secondly, also found that if you unplug the machine & rub all 3 pins of the plug on the machine casing, it seems to discharge & can reset the module.If this all fails, it seems like a module fault, and these come un-programmed from hotpoint & would need to be coded to your machine......expensive !

Hi thanks for the reply, I was thinking a communication error of some sort myself. On closer inspection of the door lock it appears as if the middle pin has corroded/ shorted out at some point. I have a new door lock on the way and will give this a try. Fingers crossed it solves the problem as I don't see a way the lock could be bypassed.

Sponsored Links
Just an update. New door interlock solved the lock problem and machine now washes like it should, problem now is a new leak! Its coming from under the machine and only starts on the rinse and spin cycle. First wash was fine( no load )started leaking on second wash with light load. The leak is only minor but annoying. Could this just be the new door seal settling in?

Kusunagi

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back